Visiting Albany, Bahamas
The full experience at the Hero World Challenge extends well beyond the golf course. While playing in the pro-am and following some of the best golfers in the world are highlights of the week at Albany, Bahamas, you must take advantage of the beaches and nightlife to truly experience all that the island has to offer.
Traveling to Albany, Bahamas
For more information on The Islands of the Bahamas and to help plan your trip to the Hero World Challenge, click the headline to learn more.
Stay at the Official Tournament Hotel
All guests should stay at the Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar where daily complimentary shuttles will be provided to attend the tournament. Click the headline to book now.
Hotel, golf & tournament tickets
Enjoy a round of golf at Baha Mar in addition to hotel accommodations and tournament tickets.
rent with the preferred tournament rental car
If you are renting a car during your trip to the Bahamas for the Hero World Challenge, rent with the preferred rental car of the Hero World Challenge.
Spectators attending the Hero World Challenge with their own vehicles should enter Albany, Bahamas through the East Gate off of Adelaide Rd and follow signs to General Public Parking.
Tournament Shuttle Schedule
Complimentary shuttle service will run between Baha Mar and Albany on competition days. Shuttles depart Baha Mar and Albany every 30 minutes. The shuttle pick up location at Baha Mar is located at the valet pick-up area. Tournament tickets or credentials are required to ride the shuttle.
Tiger Woods hosts an exclusive 18-player field of the world’s best golfers at Albany, Bahamas.
- Play with PGA TOUR professionals on Albany’s Championship course
- Walk side-by-side with the pros during competition rounds
- Sit greenside for luxurious hospitality
The entertainment heats up as the sun sets with exclusive, unforgettable events each night, only found at the Hero World Challenge at Albany, Bahamas.
- Experience the exclusive beach party at Aviva Beach, complete with an immaculate spread, unbelievable entertainment and an out-of-this-world raffle
- Invited patrons will participate in the charity poker tournament (buy-in required)
- After the champion is declared, join us for the exclusive tournament after-party at Aviva Beach
Play side-by-side with one of the world’s top golfers on Albany’s championship course. The Hero World Challenge Pro-Am is unmatched on the PGA TOUR as you spend the entire day with your professional.
- Play 18 holes on the championship course with a top ranked PGA TOUR pro
- Enjoy unparalleled access and hospitality all week
- Dine along the white sands of Aviva Beach with your guests
The Hero World Challenge provides an exclusive setting for world-class hospitality at Albany, Bahamas. Albany’s 18-hole championship golf course, designed by Ernie Els, combines the best of links and desert features with windswept dunes and numerous scenic and strategically challenging water features.
- Par 72
- Total yards 7,267
- Home to numerous PGA TOUR professionals
Albany, Bahamas | December 1-7, 2019
Gates open to the public approximately 30 minutes before the first tee time each day
|Sunday, Dec. 1||Amateur practice rounds||Closed to public|
|Monday, Dec. 2||Amateur outing||Closed to public|
|Tuesday, Dec. 3||Official Pro-Am||Closed to public|
|Wednesday, Dec. 4||Round 1||Approx. 11:00 a.m.|
|Thursday, Dec. 5||Round 2||Approx. 11:00 a.m.|
|Albany Beach Party||Invite Only|
|Friday, Dec. 6||Round 3||Approx. 11:30 a.m.|
|Poker Night||Invite Only|
|Saturday, Dec. 7||Round 4||Approx. 10:30 a.m.|
|Hero World Challenge After-Party||Invite Only|
Before heading to Albany, Bahamas for the Hero World Challenge, know what can and can not be brought in through the gates.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE PERMITTED ON TOURNAMENT GROUNDS
- Opaque bags 6″ x 6″ x 6″ or smaller, including carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags and chair bags
- Clear plastic, vinyl or other carry items not exceeding 12″ x 12″ x 6″
- A one-gallon clear resealable plastic bag
- Cell phones, smartphones and tablets – MUST be on silent mode and adhere to the PGA TOUR’s Mobile Device Policy
- Still point-and-shoot cameras with lens smaller than 6″; no cases (Tuesday and Wednesday only)
- Umbrellas without sleeves
- Portable radios with headsets
- Medically necessary supplies, strollers, small diaper bags, plastic baby bottles and other necessary baby supplies (infant must be with carrier)
- Collapsible chairs without carry bags
- Binoculars without case
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON TOURNAMENT GROUNDS
- No bags larger than 6″ x 6″ x 6″, including carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags or chair bags
- No clear plastic, vinyl or other carry items larger than 12″ x 12″ x 6″
- No plastic, metal or glass cups, cans or containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- No computers or laptops
- No fireworks or laser pointers
- No lawn or oversize chairs, seat cushions or bicycles
- No pets, except for service animals
- No knives, firearms or weapons of any kind
- No video cameras (all week)
- No cameras (during competition rounds, Thursday-Sunday). Professional-looking cameras and equipment (long-range lenses, tripods, etc.) will NOT be allowed
- No beverages (patrons may not bring in or exit with beverages) or coolers
- No radios or TVs
- No signs, posters or banners
AUTOGRAPHS, GOLF ETIQUETTE & FIRST AID
Should an emergency occur, contact any uniformed tournament personnel or law enforcement personnel in order to expedite medical assistance. First aid tents are displayed on all course maps.
During the competition rounds (Thursday-Sunday), players will not sign autographs until they have completed their rounds.
- Hands in the air means stop and be quiet while golfers are playing their shots.
- To allow for better viewing for all, please be considerate of others and kneel or sit down whenever possible.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please follow the directions of the tournament marshals.